Estos son ejercicios de múltiple opción. Escucha el audio correspondiente y ve marcando la correcta. Puedes volver a escuchar cuantas veces desees cada audio.
Listen by pressing the "Play Audio" button. Then, select the correct answer for each sentence, which may be missing one or more words. Press the "Final Score" button to check your quiz.
SELECCIONA PARA DESCARGAR AUDIO
Introducing yourself1. What's your _____________?
A. I'm Nancy.
B. I'm from Russia.
C. I'm a student.
2. Where do you _______________?
A. I'm from Canada.
B. I live in Chicago.
C. I'm fine.
3. How's _________________________?
B. I'm going to school.
C. No problem.
4. _______________ does she _____________?
A. She likes to work.
B. She's a teacher.
C. She works at City Bank.
5. _____________________ they _______________?
A. They're from Mexico.
B. They are in school.
C. They live in Tokyo.
A. I'm getting married soon.
B My father is a doctor.
C. I have three brothers.
A. I'm fine.
B. Nothing much.
C. That's too bad.
A. He's Japanese.
B. He's from Italy.
C. He's an engineer.
A. I like to exercise.
B. I'm busy this weekend.
C. I don't like sports.
A. He lives in Hong Kong.
B. He works downtown.
C. He's a doctor.
- What's your name? (I'm Nancy.)
- Where do you live? (I live in Chicago.)
- How's it going? (Okay.)
- Where does she work? (She works at City Bank.)
- Where are they from? (They are from Mexico.)
- How many people are in your family? (I have three brothers.)
- Hey, what's new? (Nothing much.)
- What does he do? (He's an engineer.)
- What do you do in your spare time? (I like to exercise.)
- What does your father do for a living? (He's a doctor.)
With a partner, practice starting and keeping the conversation going. Think carefully about what questions you would ask in each situation:
- at a bus stop waiting for the next bus
- in a park walking your dog
- on the first day of class right before school begins
- on a plane waiting for takeoff
- at a friend's house for a barbecue
- at your 20th high school reunion
Meeting New People
Meeting New People
1. Hi. My name's ______________.
2. I want you to meet my sister, _____________.
3. All of my friends call me __________.
4. The teacher's name is ____________ Smith.
5. __________________ is sixteen years old.
6. Do you know ___________________?
7. ___________________________ on Friday.
8. Is your ________________. _____________ remember.
9. __________________ in Los Angeles but she __________________.
- Hi. My name's Josh.
- I want you to meet my sister, Amy.
- All of my friends call me Mike.
- The teacher's name is Daniel Smith.
- Amanda is sixteen years old.
- Do you know where Paul is?
- Nicole's birthday is on Friday.
- Is your roommate's name Randall? I can't remember.
- Lauren was born in Los Angeles but she grew up in Texas.
- Before he graduated from college, Ted traveled around Europe for three weeks.
Introduce yourself to a partner and find out the names of the people in his or her family. Do any of their names have any special meaning in their native languages? Use the Internet and search under "baby names" or other similar keywords to help you.